Tuesday, April 8

words in kilograms


Step by step
Heart to heart
Left right left
We all fall down, like toy soldiers

That comment that my mum made will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Sometime last week, while we were watching tv, she made a sudden comment about my thighs. She said that my thighs are big. I asked her if they are really that bad, she replied nonchalantly that it's due to the fact that i run and exercise. When I pressed on about my weight, she merely replied that I am not fat, just big boned and in the matter of fact tone, she said that the neighbors agreed with her.

Big bones, Big boned.
My mum will never make such a comment if I'm just skin and bones like her. She stands at a mere 37.5kg and she is proud of the fact that she can never put on weight no matter how much she eats.

My mum can be really tactless. I wish she did not make that comment.

It sucks to be the only acceptable weight, buxom person in the family. It made me feel like a freak, an alien.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home